Originally Posted by nsaqam
While I have difficulty seeing the rationale behind the 6.5 Creedmoor I also have difficulty seeing the rationale behind the 6.5x55 as a cartridge for modern actions.
IMO the Creedmoor offers nothing that the .260 doesn't already offer in a short action.
The Swede doesn't fit in a short action and in a long action it's ballistics could be significantly improved with a 6.5-06.
I'd like to see the 6.5-06 legitimized by a major firm.

I think that the creedmoor has a couple of advantages for the newbie set.

Its throated for the match bullets and has match ammo availible from the factory. They factory ammo is loaded with canister powder with the recipe on the cartridge box.

So a newbie wants a match rifle and doesn't reload or isn't an advanced reloader can get started "over the counter" with the Creedmoor. In some ways its like the 308. over the counter precision, but without the recoil and the nice BC of the 6.5 bullets (or at least as close as the AMAX comes)

you know the "tactical" guy at the range who shoots 308 federal match ammo? whell the Creedmore is for his brother the "match" guy

I agree that it doesn't really do much that the 260/swede don't do and can't fling a bullet like the 6.5-284 (or burn a barrel either).

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge