nsaqam,

The 6.5 Creedmore has one minor advantage over the .260 in a bolt-action: It can easily handle the very long bullets such as the 140 Berger VLD in a short bolt action, without running into bullet-seating conflicts between OAL and getting the bullet near the throat.

As for the 6.5x55, its always interesting that so many people always assume that more velocity is better. If the 6.5-06 provides "improved" performance over the 6.5x55, why not then go to the .264 Winchester? It offers "improved" performance over the 6.5-06, isn't a wildcat, and also fits in a long action.

I know (because I have heard it so many times) that a wildcat is no disadvantage to a knowledgeable shooter--whatever that is. But in my experience wildcat rifles are more difficult to sell if you decide to down the road, and even then must almost always be sold with their relatively expensive dies.

I also don't find that much difference between the performance of the .260/6.5 Creedmoor/6.5x55 and 6.5-06, unless you count 150 fps as earth-shaking. Certainly it's not enough to notice any difference in "killing power" at any range, and any minor differences in long-range trajectory can easily be compensated for by dial-twirling.

It is also quite easy to find factory 6.5x55 ammo almost anywhere in the world. In my experience it's far more common
than .260 ammo even in North America.

I very much doubt the 6.5-06 will ever be introduced as a factory round by a major ammo company, what with the .25-06 and .270 already bracketing it. And even if some company did, I doubt even more that it would any sort of success.

Oh, and I own and shoot a 6.5-06 quite a bit.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck