Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I let the fellow I've been corresponding with know that I was posting the info here at 24hcf and I guess he looked into the thread. This is a quote from the last email I received from them:

"As to the Quality as some people on the forum have suggested, I�m sure they bought actions or rifles from us 4-8 years ago. A lot has changed since then and I can assure you they have not picked up a new 1999 since or they would see the amount of fitting and polishing we do on the actions now. We true the bolt and receivers and lap the lugs and raceways which was not done 4 years ago and prior." (italics mine)

Their MSRP is about $150 over a Ruger M77 and $200 less than a #1. Winchester's MSRP for a c/m wood stocked standard Sporter model in a magnum chambering is $50 less than the MRC. Remington wants $987 for a Model 700 CDL, that's $12 less. So their price point and probably street price seems right in line with the other major rifle makers.

On the company itself, I can know where folks are coming from as I've had a similar experience with one of the "gods" of modern knife making. On the plus side, I have or have had several examples from the companies this person headed and they were all good, nicely done knives. But when dealing directly with this person, I got unfilled promise after unfilled promise. But his companies still make nice production knives.

I'm keeping an open mind and will judge the MRC on its own merits when I see one. Kind of like "True Grit" - lots of people hated it without seeing it but those that went to see it really liked it.

So, pre-judging anything is just wasted brain power to me. If they suck when we see them, then they'll suck. If they don't, then finally southpaws can get a left hand M70/98 clone in stainless in all kinds of neat calibers. We'll just have to wait and see.

That is encouraging Jim.

My fingers remain crossed.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.