Originally Posted by Nrut
Do the Montana Rifles have a "coned breech" like the Winchesters do?
The reason I ask is that I have found that the Winchester's are the only rifle that will consistently feed the flat nosed cast boolits I like to shoot...
Thanks!

Their breeching system is a C ring like the Mauser. Their actions are a blend of Model 70 and Mauser 98.

http://www.montanarifleco.com/actions.html

From that page:

All of our actions incorporate the following features:

Anti-bind feature which utilizes a dovetailed lug and raceway which provides precise retention of the bolt within the receiver bore.

The bolt sleeve incorporates a Mauser style flange to gases issuing along the bolt-lug raceway, and away from the shooters face.

Retains the 3-position safety found on the Winchester Model 70. This is one of the most popular safeties today, and by far the safest.

Retains the claw extractor and controlled round feed capabilities.

Push button bolt release system that is cast integral with the action offering easy to use one hand operation.

Trigger and sear assemblies are manufactured using a EDM process that maintains design geometry to within .00003"

The trigger assembly maintains the Model 70 geometry and is fully adjustable. It also gives the end user the option of installing an aftermarket trigger assembly meant for the Model 70.

The action has been designed to incorporate the Mauser 98 style inner collar ring that includes an extractor cut. This feature not only increases the overall strength of the action but also allows for the elimination of extractor cuts and cone breeching within the barrel.

We've maintained the Model 70 receiver ring geometry allowing customers to use any scope base meant for the Model 70 without modification.

The receiver incorporates gas ports on both sides of the front receiver ring for superior safety in case of catastrophic failure.

All actions include one piece bottom metal.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!