MRC action is a bulky action. No where near as slick or trim as a Kimber. Closer to a Sako 75 size and bulk, not quality. (Yes, I know one's a push feed and the other a CRF) Definitley not what I would build a lightweight off from.

After playing with other custom actions since I had the MRC, I was shocked at how far apart the quality and tolerances were. I paid the same amount for a Surgeon RSR action as the MRCs are going for now. I also paid the same amount for a Rock cut barrel as a MRC barrel. Things may have changed but I'm hearing the same thing from both sides.

Unless MRC decides to give me the 270 WSM that I orderd, that can shoot straight, hold the cartridges in the magazine when cycling the bolt, and actually get a round in the chamber without me jiggling the bolt around, I don't think I'm willing to try one again.

To be fair, MRCs can shoot and can be finished to look great (think Kilimarjoro Rifles), but your going to have to put a lot more money into it than a Surgeon/Rock barreled action. Just somethings for you to think about.