Originally Posted by seattlesetters
I've been looking at and shopping rifles for a few months now, and I've come close to pulling the trigger on several different models at various times. My cartridge choice during this time has flip-flopped more than a Democrat at a Tea Party rally..... laugh

As you may recall, I have to pay attention to recoil as I've had multiple shoulder reconstructions and cervical spine (neck) reconstruction. I had narrowed my choices down to the .25-06, .270 and 7mm-08 because the rifles I liked (all Winchesters) were available in those chamberings.

I have always thought the .260 Remington was going to be the perfect all-around cartrdige for me, but there just aren't any rifles I like currently being chambered for it, so it had kind of slipped from my radar.

Then, lo & behold, a sweet little .260 shows up in the calssifieds on the 'Fire ... and I'm now a certified .260 Loony!

The build is a blued BDL with a 24" SS Sporter contour screwed on. It has a drilled handle and fluted bolt, and the whole ball of wax has been Cerakoted in matte black.

I don't have it in my hands yet, as it's being converted to ADL, getting dropped into a Mountain Rifle McSwirly and being topped with a Minox ZA-5 2-10x40. She weighs 6 lbs. 12 oz with bases & rings (not bad for a BDL with a 24" Sporter).

With this fine .260 in the safe, I can't imagine I'd ever need a .25-06, .270, 7mm-08 or even a .243, for that matter.

I'm very excited I found a great rifle chambered in a great cartridge for my needs. And the fact she shoots 120gr TSXs into ridiculously tiny little groups is just icing on the cake!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Absolutely lovely!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.