CH,
I was messin' with ya, just a little bit. You prolly shoot a lot better than I do.
That's a nice lookin' rig ya got.
The way things are here, don't shoot much over 250 yds. As thick as it is, past 100 yds,you shoot something and if it ain't DRT, unless you have a landmark, you are darn lucky to find a blood trail to start.
The one and only 600 yard shot I've ever made, or attempted was at a whitetail doe across a canyon.It was a lazered 590 yds. The doe was under a spin cast feeder. I was lugging a Rem. Sendero chambered in 338 RUM, loaded w/ 180gr. ballistic tips. Rifle was zeroed at 250yds. Wind was blowing like hell. I figured the bottom of the spinner was 8'. The doe was about 3' at the shoulder (give or take). I held what I estimated to be 1' under the spinner and 2' in front of her nose into the wind. Dang if the wind didn't blow that bullet another 2' at 600yds. Hit her right in the spleen. I'd been up for two days with no sleep. It was cold and raining. I didn't want to come home empty handed or I'd never taken the shot.
Had I not had a landmark I would have never found that deer.
As it was it took me an hour just to get to her.

I also like the 6.5's.

Here is one more that does pretty good too.

[Linked Image]
Cooper Montana Varminter, 6.5 x 284

[Linked Image]
trying out some RL-17

[Linked Image]
shootin' the corners at 200 yds.

Best
GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 02/20/11.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.