Originally Posted by leomort
I don't have shoulder/neck problems like seatlestters, I'm just recoil sensitive.

I was looking to rebarrel to either: 243win, 257roberts, 260 rem, or 7mm-08. I want something I could use for deer hunting as well as something predators and varmints.

The 7mm-08 would have been a better big game round if I ever moved up from deer hunting but I felt it didn't offer the versatility for the predator and varmint I potentially wanted to try. So I ruled it out, even though it's a great round.

That left the 243win, 257roberts, and 260rem.

I was also looking at getting started into reloading which swung my choice to the 243win.

The limited availability and selection of brass for the 257roberts and 260rem was what swung my vote to the 243win.

I don't think the brass availability or selection for the 257roberts will be remedy antyime soon.

Hopefully we will see what happens with the brass components for the 260rem as it looks like a sweet round!

The 260 remington is available in Factory ammuntion from several suppliers - Remington, Federal, Nosler, and Corbin. Brass is now available from Remington, Nosler, Norma and (soon) Lapua. Not to mention that it is a quick pass through a full length die with any .243 brass on the planet. You owe it to yourself to try the waters......

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"