I saw that also, so went out and measured a bunch of fired Nosler brass. I then necked up an unfired nosler case to 30 caliber and created a false shoulder that would barely allow me to chamber the round, loaded and and fired it. Measured exactly the same as the previous fired cases. I then turned a neck on a piece of remington brass and loaded it up and fired it, same measurement. (BTW I am not talking about case length, I am using a stub reamed with my reamer that indexes on the shoulder) I then took an unfired case and put a piece of tape on the case head, bolt would close but very tight. I think I was compressing the case a little.

Based on that I was expecting to find a saami reamer and go gauge. So I ran out to the other shop and checked my reamer and go gauge, I am using a standard AI reamer and a .004 under 280 go gauge. I am unsure whether new nosler brass is using the specs referenced in that article.

I would not let it bother me, or stop me from using nosler brass but I am pretty prone to not oversizing my brass.

Edited to add that the unfired Nosler cases measured easily within .001 of my fired cases.

Last edited by EddyBo; 03/19/11.