Originally Posted by Caz
OK, so if I am reading this correctly....I am finishing a custom build chambered for the original .280 A.I.. I had been planning on using the Nosler 140 gr. ammunition, but now am thinking this is not a good idea? I am confused on whether the answer is Yes, No or Maybe...

New to customs, so any help would be greatly appreciated...

I have put waaaay to much into this rifle to risk catastrophic failure.....

It may or may not be a good idea. If you are a reloader it would be better to get 280 rem caliber brass and fire form it rather than getting 280 Ackley brass. With the 280 rem brass there is never a problem, no matter if you have a SAAMI chamber or an old standard chamber. Once you fire form the 280 rem brass you will be able to use a headspace gauge (like the Hornady or Sinclair not the go-no-go kind) and determine which chamber you have and measure the headspace you will have on the Nosler ammunition beforehand to see if there will be a problem.

If you are not a reloader then ask the gunsmith or company that reamed your chamber or have a chamber cast made.

"The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

Criminals prefer unarmed victims and dictators prefer unarmed citizens