I've had a Tikka model 595 chambered in .243 and a 695 chambered in .30-06 for 11 years now. Both are blued with walnut stocks and the only synthetic parts are the floorplate/tiggerguard unit, magazine and bolt shroud. These two rifles are absolutely, without doubt the most consistently accurate factory rifles I've ever owned. I haven't been able to find a factory load or handload that won't go into less than an inch in the .243 and good hanloads average in the .3's and .4's. The worst factorty loads in the .30-06 have hovered right at 1 1/4" but handlods with several different bullet weights print in the .5's and .6's and neither rifle required any dickin' around with bedding, recrowning, trigger work or replacement to get there. All I did was seal the wood up good in the checkering/inletting/under the buttplate and mount scopes on them and that was it. I've hunted these rifles alot over the years and neither has ever shifted point of impact or had anything break. In fact, both feed and function to perfection and are smoother in operation than any other rifle I've ever owned. I wouldn't trade either for anything Remington ever made period.