My brother used to be a gunsmith at a Beretta/Tikka/Sako/Remington warranty shop. He had one .25-06 T-3 come in that the guy had shot a .308 round through. He had to pick out pieces of brass from the bolt face that had been pressed in by the pressure that built up. Supposedly, the guy had actually hit the paper target at 100 yards with a very long re-sized bullet!

He replaced the extractor and the gun headspaced and worked just fine. There was another one with a similar story - wrong round in the gun. I am not as sure of the story on this one, but I think it was some form of larger diameter, shorter mag shot in a 7mm Rem. Same result - replaced the blown extractor and the gun worked fine. No barrel bulges, etc. In both cases, it was a result of shooting 2 different caliber rifles and leaving the ammo on the bench and not paying attention when grabbing a round.

That is one reason my brother owns 2 Tikkas and so do I. Accuracy and good triggers right out of the box are 2 more.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell