Originally Posted by Swampman700
A pistol is a tool like a hammer, it can be ugly as long as it works 100% of the time. A deer rifle for me is not....it's a portal to the past....when this country was another kind of place. I have no interest in foreign made plastic deer rifles. The firearms industry is one of the few places where America still makes a better quality product than anyone else and I will continue to support it, esp. when that quality cost a lot less.

Not a darn thing wrong with the boldened part of your quote and you're hardly alone in this opinion. Go forth with your hunting and shooting with rifles that suit your taste and be happy.

The second part is a lot more gray, and forgive me, any opinion you hold otherwise doesn't make it a fact. In keeping things germane to this thread the Tikka brand has been stunningly successful in putting consistently accurate (sorry, I mean VERY accurate) rifles in the hands of shooters at very competitive prices. Has 100% of everyone that's ever picked one up swooned over them? No, but I've yet to hear such a thing from any standard production make...and I do mean any. Still, even the most cursory glance in most any shooting website will show great support of Tikka's accuracy and utility, so much so I need not even offer my opinion. (nevermind that I own a T3 SS Lite in .308 that would support that contention most robustly)

If they aren't your cup of tea so be it but there's no shortage of people that would fall over themselves to challenge you to an out of the box accuracy challenge between Tikka (among others) and your pet brand.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.