Originally Posted by Eremicus
That's a great suggestion RD. While you are at it fellas, ask him about all the Swaros he's seen fog over the years. As opposed to the numbers of Leicas, Nikon LX's, and even the Leupold Yosemites.
If you guys want to spend that kind of money on binoculars that are that flimsy in construction as the EL's and have a track record of fogging like the Swaros do, be my guest. I'm still waiting for somebody to give me one so I can sell it.....
I've never owned a Swaro. That's because I listen to those I trust with more expereince than I do as to what to buy and why. That has worked out very well BTW. E

My oldest Swaro is a 20-year-old 10x42 SLC. It has been back to Swarovski twice: first for a diopter adjustment at about five years of age and last year for a new prism (after being run over by a Jeep). The first trip was no charge and the bino came back looking like new. The trip last year was $250 for repairs and (once again) the bino came back looking like new. For the first 12 years, I carried this glass every day, either on the seat of my truck or in a bino harness.

The second oldest is an 8x30 SLC that I bought for my wife about six months after I bought the 10x42s. It has never had a problem despite having been ripped off of her shoulder by a limb and then run over by a Polaris 500 ATV that was following her. She carries it in her truck everywhere she goes and refuses to put it in a case of any kind.

Third is a nine-year old 10x42 EL that has accompanied me on trips to Namibia, Alaska and most of the western states. It spent two weeks with me on Kodiak with rain and/or fog every day and the temperature hovering in the 30s and 40s. No problems so far...

Right now, the outside temperature is declining from a high of 99 today with relative humidity which bottomed out at 5%. If any of these binos were going to fog or leak due to a failure of the seals, it would have happened long before now. Our climate is hot and dusty, not ideal for optics. You could argue that a sample of three is pretty small, but the dealer that I bought mine from has sold almost 100 different Swaros over the last twenty years and only two have been returned for warranty service (mine and one other).

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...