Originally Posted by JonA
Originally Posted by Gath_Sten
No link is needed just because you don't agree

My agreement has nothing to do with it. Facts don�t care who agrees with them. When an incorrect statement is attributed to somebody it�s always a good idea to go back to the original source and verify. It�s possible much was lost in the translation.

As I said, the source was cited. If you wanted to check you had all the information you needed to do so. You come across as one of those guys who wants links for the sake of links.

A value so close to 1.0 is a strong predictor of how well #24530 matches the G7 form factor at all velocities.

Wrong. It�s a value. Not a predictor of other values. A curve is many values of one variable plotted against another, a single value is only a single point on the curve. Even an average tells you nothing beyond the average value�a vertical line and a horizontal line can have the same average value.

This is where you lost a lot of credibility, its 6th grade math that all standard bullets have a form factor of 1. A bullet that matches a standard bullet also has a form factor of 1. Your example Nosler bullets form factor values are further off 1.0 than 0.993. Don't tell me you think a form factor value over 1 means the bullet is a better match to the standard than something with a value of 1. That would be too funny.

For example, Doppler radar can't see wind in clear air, so you can only measure bullet velocity relative to the radar antenna and only along a straight line from the bullet to the antenna. Being a bullet's trajectory is parabolic�.

Wow, I�ll bet nobody using that thing had ever thought of any of this before! I�ll bet they had no idea what a waste of money it was�. Seriously, I think you�re insulting the intelligence of the people.

Remember you're not the only one reading posts. Some of us want such detailed background info when a person then goes on to make a conclusion. It's what the better professors did in my college years. No one should take that as an insult let alone someone who forgot 6th grade math.