Originally Posted by JonA
Can you understand what that statement means? I'm confusing BC where?

Yes, but you don't seem to understand what it means where the black and gray lines merge. So if you weren�t confusing BC with form factor, what was this statement all about? How far away from the X-Axis the curve is (a form factor of 1.0 vs. 1.3) has no influence on the accuracy of your results. This is why you input the ballistic coefficient into your program, so it can scale the curve up or down and give you the proper results.

Scaling of BC is done by sectional density not by form factor.

Don�t get me wrong, guys like you do serve a useful purpose. MacLorry includes a few gems in his responses that might not come to light otherwise. The best is his �G1 and G7 Drag Profile� graph. With that gem in mind and paging through Bryan�s bullet data I found his BCs matched well with the 2 to 1 ratio of G1 to G7 for the middle two velocity ranges. That verifies the accuracy of the graph and also shows why most of Bryan�s data can�t help in picking between G1 and G7. That job is left to the low velocity range; often having just 1 or 2 data points. Ever hear of insufficient data?

As I�ve said before, I�ve used the Oehler Model 43 on several occasions going back 15 some years. There�s your instant ballistic coefficient machine; one for every shot and in real time. You obviously think you know more than MacLorry, but do you really think you know more about measuring BC than Ken Oehler?

But hay, don�t worry about your reputation, change your Huggies and put your ass out there again and again, it�s good entertainment seeing you get it handed back to you laugh