Frank Zappa early 1970s at the Capital Center - Largo MD. I saw a lot of concerts there.

Two interesting memories from my concert going experiences:

First was from a ZZtop concert around 1975. Kiss was the opening band. During intermission they played the song Okie From Muskogee. I had never heard the song before but considering what I was smoking at the time it got my attention. At the time I hated the song and now it one of my favorites.

Second was around 1981-82. A couple of friends got me to go to see a band I never heard of called U2 at one of the smaller venues in Washington DC. Now my attitude had changed a bit from the 1970s and it wasn't the concert that was interesting, it was what happened when we were in line waiting to get in. Well some commie was passing out communist literature and we had a discussion. I don't recall everything that was said but I remember closing the conversation by informing him that if there ever was a revolution you could count on me to be ready to shoot him and his commie buddys dead. I do not think the guy expected to run in to someone like me in line at a U2 concert.