Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
Guys I believe Bushnell and B&L still have business attachments. Not sure if it is affiliated with scope manufacturing or not(don't think so). But they still do business together. It never really did end. Just changed.

At one time B&L did manufacture sporting optics and then sold them under the Bushnell trade name. But now I think the affiliation is in other products like sun glasses and optical instruments.

There were a lot of links between Bushnell and B&L. If I remember correctly the owner of Bushnell optics was actually an employee of B&L. I believe he was in management. But the owner of Bushnell was an importer of many products, with binoculars being his main import for many years. Tom.

Your info is about 10 years out of date.

During the 1990s Bausch and Lomb allowed the Bushnell company to lease the B&L name for use on sporting optics for a time after the split.

That agreement expired about 10 years ago. Which is why the High end B&L marked Optics became "Bushnell Elites" instead of B&L.

Bausch and Lomb made it clear they want NOTHING to do with the sporting optics business. They have considered themselves to be a medical products company(prescription lenses, eyewear etc) for the last 15 years since they sold off the sporting division.

And BTW, my info comes from the same source as John B's. direct from folks who have worked at the top levels of Bushnell's marketing dept since the 1970s until just a few years ago. I have known those same people since the late 1980s.

Last edited by jim62; 08/03/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt