As I said in the other thread, that bull was NOT shot where the bull would tie a bow tie (center of the sternum and high where there are no vitals). That would be a stupid shot at best. It will kill a deer quick with a good compound bow, because the arrow will easily penetrate the soft sternum (I've done this several times). An arrow will NOT penetrate an elk sternum.

He shot the bull to the right of the sternum in the ribs and left of the shoulder blade and low, in line with the vitals. This is a clear path to the heart, lungs, liver and all the blood vessels in between. It is a very lethal shot. It is a small target for sure, but if a guy can hit very small targets with boring monotony at under 20 yards, it's an easy kill.

I have killed several critters with the exact same shot and it kills them extremely fast. I wouldn't take this shot over 20 yards, due to animal jumping the string or other weird archery things happening. Again, it is a small target and you have to be extremely comfortable with your shooting. It definitely isn't for everyone. If you can't do it, don't do it. The hunter knew exactly what he was doing in the video. That wasn't his first rodeo. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.