I am referencing a recent thread on the Elk hunting forum. It shows a video of this happening and the guy makes what I called a lucky shot and gets a beautiful bull.

What are your thoughts on this? I personally hate this shot, think it leads to wounded elk in most cases and is not an ethical shot at all. I am glad I was wearing my asbestos underwear because I got torched for my views.

I am 54 and have hunted with a bow since I was 14 and never have even remotely heard about this shot being anything BUT a mistake. In my experience, I have always gone for the double lung shot, as I have seen too many get away with just one lung gone.

To hear from some of these responses on that thread, I represent all that is wrong in the world, with me being responsible for inflation, the sub-prime mortgage mess, poor gas mileage and those damn gay pride issues.

I'll stick with the double lung shot and go wash out my asbestos underwear again.

Here tis: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...0_380_class_archery_bull_vid#Post5457851

Last edited by Godogs57; 08/01/11.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.