Originally Posted by Penguin
Surprising how many people we have on this site falling all over themselves to lend moral support to a back shooter. God damn, even in the bloodthirstiest of times in this nation we never held up this kind of behavior as something which should be emulated or even tolerated. In most cases it was deemed an act of cowardice or viciousness regardless of what brought the situation to a head.

Some times I have to believe that people really like to put on an act or just act out because it is the net and it is anonymous.

Will
I think Texas has it right. There should be no right that trumps that of property, I can't think of another right that would be worth a damn without the right of property. If a jury can be persuaded that, under the circumstances, nothing short of lethal force would have prevented someone from stealing (and the felonious larceny was still in its hot phase, e.g., the mugger just pulled the knife away from your throat and darted off with your wallet and wedding band), I say drawing your weapon and shooting is OK with me. Especially if the stealing was done with the credible threat of imminent lethal force to start with. What's OK with the law, however, is an entirely different discussion, and varies from state to state. It's the law that I abide by, not my opinion on what the law should be.