Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Those are well known verses, Will, and are certainly the path to spiritual perfection (be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect), however falling short of spiritual perfection is not the equivalent of sin (which was your claim regarding the stopping of a thief by whatever means is necessary). Jesus also recommended, for example, that those seeking spiritual perfection should sell all that they have and give it to the poor, yet it is not a sin to refrain from this recommendation. Your task is to show us where in the Bible Jesus says that it is morally wrong to stop a thief by whatever means necessary.

So all those really tough things that make a man look himself in the mirror with doubt aren't really necessary. Those are optional... extra credit for the advanced students? I guess you get a bigger crown of gold or a whiter robe in the ever after huh?

Bwahahahaha. :p

I want to know what denomination you belong to that teaches such spiritual quackery. In each and every denomination I have studied or been a part of in the past, to intentionally and willfully fall short of this example is sin. Period.

That man who came seeking guidance didn't ask "Good teacher what do I lack for spiritual perfection?" He came and asked "Good teacher what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

Man that stuff ain't optional!

What denomination teaches this? I'm going to spend some time running this down. I want to know what Christian denomination teaches that shooting a man in the back of the head when he is fleeing the scene of a robbery is righteous. I want to know which one teaches that a man forfeits his life if he steals.

And another thing, this guy who committed this crime is apparently a mentally disturbed individual who was a danger to himself and to others. I am not taking his side of it. He needed to be arrested, locked up, and put away for what happened. If the gun could have been gotten to when he was threatening the robbery victim with a knife he could have been justifiably shot. But in this nation at this time there is a line that was crossed when he was no longer a danger and was fleeing the scene. We define that line as murder.

And I have another little piece of inside info for you: It ain't the courts and the lawyers that have made it so, it is a reflection of the will of the majority of the country. And it ain't some recent development either. This kind of thing would have gotten you lynched in many areas of the country 125 years ago. If not you would have at the least been branded as a coward and a menace.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.