Originally Posted by BlackDog1
I think you should have what you want. I don't have any experience with the Savage you mentioned. I have had a couple of .338's in the past and recently acquired another, only one of them however, left a lasting impression on me(insert to read;scope crescent) on my right eyebrow 25 or more years ago when I shot an Elk that was uphill of me and I had crawled up the stock to much on a #1 Ruger that was wearing a scope with hardly any eye relief. My Pre 64 with a 4x Leupy was another story, though I found it much more enjoyable to shoot,after awhile the erectors in my scope didn't BTW, Leupy's warranty can't be beat when shooting rifles that can be scope killers. Barring the incident I related above, I haven't found them to be unpleasant. My shoulder equates the recoil to somewhere between a real warmly loaded 300HH and 220's, and a stiffly loaded 35 Whelen squirting 250's with an attitude. I wouldn't care to have one in a featherweight or lightweight configuration. This might be heresy to some in the featherweight club but, between 8-9 lbs all up, stuffed with cartridges I think is a better choice, JMHO
Your shoulder may vary,
BD

Very well said BD. My 338 win mag is 9 pounds and it isn't bad to shoot. I wouldn't want it any lighter.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA