...on the XTPs....my guess would be that they will penetrate much better than the Gold Dots but maybe not as far as the Remington SPs when the velocity is equal.

All of the .41/210s have the same sectional density so it is going to be a matter of how fast they open up slowing down penetration.

Gold Dots open up very fast. Those bullets above were caught in the second to third gallon jugs of water. Compare the diameter of the HP to any other HP...even if that nose doesn't open up it has a meplat the size of most hardcast bullets to work with.

Fired on the same day this 200 grain Speer HP ran through 6 jugs of water, one 3/4" sheet of marine plywood and the stuck in the face of the second sheet. Nose expanded and peeled off in the first two jugs and then it just became a flying ashcan...

[Linked Image]

Most HPs can't penetrate like this because they keep expanding....I miss this bullet and the 146/.357 and 225/.44. The machine that made these since the 1960s wore out a few years ago and the decision was made not to retool... Long time friend Alan Jones who was editor of the Speer reloading manual gave me a tour of the factory in 2003. When I suggested that Speer add a .45 to that line of bullets he warned me that once the machine was beyond repair the whole line was history...and so it came to pass a few years later. I spoke to Corbin and they said if I supplied a bullet they would make a die to duplicate it...maybe one day...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....