Doc:

Just got this from a SEAL of my acquaintance (blood kin) re the 5.7x28.

No USSOCOM unit at any level would use that round for any reason. 5.56 and 7.62 is bread and butter of the service components. By widest dissemination and fielding today: 5.56, 7.62, 9mm, .50, 40mm, .300wm.

These calibers are under industry contracts for many years to come. Even if substantial research proved to DOD that a new round was the best flavor ice cream, required changes in industry would be far too costly in current economic environment and take decades to field. There are plenty of evil tip colors for use in various application of these rounds. No need to speculate the very improbable arrival of European calibers.

That's been sanitized, post away. I imagine it's fine for whatever the bullpup P90 is used for by euro swats - small caliber assaults. 5.56 is a very small round, but does a good job of tumbling through tissue & causing more damage than an AKs 7.62. From my perspective, most any round will work as well as any other with a few accurate placements. I find the massive arguments resulting from rampant misinformation masquerading as fact on many gun forums interesting; I imagine you do as well.

I have no idea what was sanitized out of that.