We could always have with a special licence, they are not allowed to hunt with (must change soon) but we can use it for shooting, we have special competitions with former or actual military rifles (Mauser, Garand, SMLE, Mas36,49-56,G43, SigStg57, K31, AR15 and M16 clones, Sig551, Dragunov and FPK, Ak family rifles and VZ58, Fal, G3).

Before 1995 we were allowed to own full automatic on special licence too but the media and anti guns pressure took its toll and make this change.
It amaze me to see every day that the american citizen always think we don't own firearms...

Yes we do, around the town i live, in a 50km radius, i have five shooting ranges from 10 to 300m, one to 800m (1 time a month); driving one and half hour i can shoot in a great military camp, well known of the Marines who deploy in 6th fleet, where i can train to 1500m...plus an action shooting range where international police shooting competitions take place at 25km from home.

So, even if we need licences, we own military calibers and firearms, and, as already explained, i can hunt from the 1st of April to the 28 of february if my wallet is big enough, on wild free ranging game. In fenced area you can "hunt" (don't like the word here) all year long.

Regards
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)