what I believe is an late 1940's early 1950's vintage BRNO. My father bought this when he came to Canada, the BRNO because they were part of the design of the Bren gun (Brno-Enfield) 8x57 because "after a few years on the receiving end of the round I knew how good it was".

The rifle has been carried a fair bit but I have only one kill a bull caribou in the NWT barren lands, using a 200g partition handload. The rifle appears to have a "slow" barrel as the maximum load from the Nolser manual only generates about 2350 fps with the 200g partition. The rifle likes longer bullets; I have little luck with the 175g sierra or any of the 150g bullets. I am loading uo some of the 160 TTSX hoping the length of the mono-metal bullet will shoot well.

I am very impressed with the fit and finish. The front sight is on a sleeve which is soldered? sweated? onto the barrel, you canot feel the joint with your finger and barely feel it with a finger nail. On the photo below the seem is visible just back of the ramp for the front sight. GRF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]