Originally Posted by 338rcm
Originally Posted by dogzapper

[Linked Image]

Here's just a little-bitty buck I killed with a Browning.

Hell of a rifle.

Steve

Steve is that a BBR?

Yep, a BBR and I shot it a LOT. It was in .30-'06, of course, and the rifle is still killing big critters for the kid I gave it to.

Karen and I could have no children of our own, so I've been "passing it forward, in many, many ways, for lots of years." The kids are the future of our sport and of our world ... it doesn't just end with us.

By the way, when I was a writer for the gunfunnys, I went on several prairie dog hunts sponsored by Browning/Winchester Ammo. I remember one little "Medallion" grade .223 that was way beyond spooky-accurate.

Most manufacturers would shove a non-zeroed POS in your hand and expect a positive article. NOT BROWNING, their rifles came zeroed and perfect in every way.

Anyway, we were on the Hougen Ranck East Pasture and I was shooting the little Medallion .223. I'm not sure I've ever fired as accurate a rifle, custom or not. With 40-grain Winchester Supreme (black box) ammo, I killed some dogs that were literally impossible. I kept stretchng out and out and out and the rifle/ammo kept hanging with me.

I won't reveal what a half-dozen dogs I killed lasered, but it was a far piece and I'm not sure if I could have even hit the mound itself with my .25-'06.

Naw, Brownings are shooters and fabulous commercial rifles, in my opinion.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397