Steve;
I trust this finds you and your wife doing acceptably well on this Christmas Eve.

Thanks for sharing the photo of the dandy buck and yours vintage BBR. cool

I bought a BBR in '81 and carried it for years here in BC. It didn't have the fore end tip that yours did and the stock was flatish on the fore end. I ended up rounding the bottom off on mine and doing some wrap around checkering one winter when I thought I needed a challenge! grin

Mine too would shoot just fine thanks and the lone dig I had against it was that it was a pretty heavy rifle.

I ended up selling mine to the son of a good friend after I'd lent it to him for a season and the young man just couldn't see living without it. It's still killing stuff as well Steve - we helped him cut and wrap the whitetail buck that died in front of it this past fall actually.

It was kind of cute that when we were cutting up the buck, his father was teasing him for using a rifle that had killed enough bucks on that part of the mountain that it was almost trained to do so by itself. smile

A very blessed and Merry Christmas to you and your wife this Christmas Steve and all the best to you both in 2012.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"