Originally Posted by Savage_99
I found that the best plan is to invest in one or two good and reliable rifles, stick with them, and spend the rest of your spare time planning hunts, and hunting....the rifle preoccupation is an inane, resource-draining dead-end.

Allen Day

laugh

I have never heard of Allen Day but what he is quoted as saying I think is about right on. Most of us are more shooter's than hunter's. Therefore we need to buy rifle's to fool with. Hunter's generally do make good use of just a couple rifles and spend their money on hunting. I have known of people claiming to own extrodinary numbers of guns. More power to them if they can afford it. For myself, if I were more a hunter and less a shooter, I would have just maybe three rifles, perhaps only two. I've got ten rifles in the case now but time's past I've had over 20. A guy can't hunt with that many rifles but he sure can shoot them!

I have a few cousins that are hunter's. They hunt deer and elk only and each has one rifle that they have had about 40 yrs now. I can say this, they sure can shoot them!