Originally Posted by Chetaf
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by Chetaf
Originally Posted by DINK
I would like to see pics if you don't mind sharing. Do you know the spec?

Dink

Sure, what specs are you looking for?

Chet

Nothing in particular.

I agree with most of Mr. Day's opinions and know that he was very opinionated about his personal dangerous game rifles. I just can't remember if or what he consider best for his standard rifles.

Dink

Okay, it is a pre-64 action with a 22" featherweight contour barrel in a Legend stock with Echols mounts and Burgess bottom metal. It weighs 8.5 pounds scoped and loaded with a 3.5-10x40 Leupold. This rifle was built before the EDGE stocks came out, or it would weigh about 7.75 pounds all up. I have been thinking of buying an EDGE stock from D'Arcy for a while, but I haven't got around to it. Either that or have D'Arcy make a second barrel for it in 9.3x62, in which case the weight would be about perfect.

Allen really loved the red pads, but I am still not sure it is exactly my cup of tea. After I scratch the stock up enough to have it repainted, I think I will have D'Arcy swap a black pad onto the rifle. On the positive side, it is easy to see the rifle if you lean it against a tree, or from an airplane for that matter. grin

It shoots 130 grain TTSX's into the .200"-.300" range at 3120-3140 fps. 130 grain Partitions go into about .500". 150 grain Swift A-Frames shoot into .750" at 2900 fps.

Allen never got to hunt with the rifle before he fell ill and sold his collection. I have hunted the crap out of it, so it has a few gray battle scars on the stock and a few shiny spots on the metal from riding around in saddle scabbards and on my pack frame.

Chet

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Flat out Awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark