its knowing your equipment and some of these old guys just knew their equipment well, because often it was the one gun they owned...

he my grandad thought a 300 Savage was a magnum of some sort.. and a 30/40 Krag with a 30 inch barrel was a cannon...

heck my granddad shot a deer at a half mile with one... yet every time we heard that story, the distance got a few yards further each time...

of course my granddad captured the entire German Army in 1918 also...

and I think that materialized from my grandmother knew Alvin York and her family knew his real well.. and at times she would just casually say when she was mad at him for something stupid... I think I maybe should have married Alvin instead... which would immediately piss him off to no end..

and make we kids laugh our fannies off when he wasn't looking on account of how much it pissed him off...and she would secretly smile at us when he wasn't looking...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez