Originally Posted by PieterKriel
Originally Posted by Tophet1
You mentioned fair-chase. I would submit that the length of your safari will have to increase if you want to take that many animals. You can do one or even two per day but only from the back of a truck.

Ok Tophet1 and where is your point of reference from making such a statement?

Oh, and by the way, finding nyala in the kalahari is just as easy as finding a springbok in the Kruger National Park.

Personal experience Peter. If spot and stalk from a vehicle on a small ranch with limited water points, feed and tick rubs consitute fair chase then fair enough. 80% of animals in South Africa are shot from the back of a truck. I've had four PH's tell me that. Not many clients will admit it but its an efficient way to get the trophy fee in the bank and give the client his trophy. I've shot animals from the back of a truck but I've also had to insist with one PH on getting off and stalking. The rest I walked from the front gate.

I'm sure you will find Nyala in the Kalahari. They are either put and take or a few generations later, from an introduced population. They are indigenous to the eastern seaboard and fail to thrive after a cold winter in the Limpopo. They are as natural in the Kalahari as Sable and Roan are in RSA. Yes you will find them but they also are introduced to be shot.

I only have a rudimentary knowledge about Springbok and have never been to Kruger NP so can't comment.