I agree with Pieter. It wasn't my intention to start a debate about put and take hunting or the ethics of shooting from the vehicle.

On my first trip to S. Africa I was in camp with an individual who raised whitetails specifically to breed individual males with large antlers. Said animal was sold to a game preserve where a hunter (who could choose the individual animal) would hunt it in an enclosure. That is his business and if a person wants to pay for that kind of experience so be it.

I support Pieter's (and others) efforts to change the image of game farming in South Africa. There are good outfitters everywhere and unfortunately there are crappy ones everywhere.
That is why I have stressed over and over to do research. Know exactly what you are getting yourself into.

I think that one thing that gets lost in this talk is that hunters may forget that it is their safari. It is completely their decision how they want to hunt and what shot they want to take (within reason). I encourage people to trust their PH and their professionalism but be honest about your abilities. If you can't walk long distances please tell the PH. If you don't feel comfortable with the shot DON'T TAKE IT! It is okay and in fact the PH will probably thank you. Better you pass on the shot instead of wounding the animal, wasting alot of time trying to find it and maybe coughing up a trophy fee for nothing.

If you don't want to shoot off a vehicle then refuse to. You are paying the bill so don't be forced into a situation where you feel uncomfortable.

Your safari is just that, yours. You will get out of the hunt exactly what you put into it.