I had to arm/re-arm some people in New Orleans after Katrina. My dad thinks anything that goes �bang� is a manstopper, and he won�t carry anything that weighs more than a few ounces. He got a Kel-Tec .380. One elderly female wanted a small gun and insisted on a laser. I sent my favorite S&W Centennial and installed Crimson Trace laser grips. She had a hard time pulling the trigger. That gun will rot in a box somewhere, much to my dismay. I sent someone else a K frame S&W and she subsequently installed her own laser grips and likes to shoot.

I have a niece who lives in Seattle. She was in town last year and really wanted to shoot. I put a J frame S&W in her hands and her finger could barely reach the trigger, much less fire the gun. She could fire a single action .45, but she was getting some serious muzzle flip. She did love shooting, though. She will be visiting in June and asked if I would take her shooting. I want to buy her a gun, but I am wracking my brain firguring that problem out. I don�t like semi- autos for newbs, but she may be the exception.

That point is, you have to make sure the gun fits. Being that you care for your mom, at least see what fits her before you buy her anything. Then, be ready to buy, sell, trade until she is happy.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln