Originally Posted by logcutter
TheTone

From the Coer d'Alene press.

Wolf Coeur d'Alene, Idaho hunter Brett Pitcher has been hunting wolves with his dad, Bob, in the St. Joe National Forest since the season started, and Monday he caught up with his first one. The 180-pound male fell to a single shot from Pitcher's 7mm Remington. Are the hunters concerned about receiving harassing e-mails and phone calls from Idaho wolf advocates? "We take those as compliments," said Bob. The Coeur d'Alene Press.

Just quoting what was written in the local paper in CDA.Nothing more or less.Killing the Bears in Idaho was in tongue and cheek only, except
My wife and I have seen one treed by Wolves who quickly scattered as we approached.

Jayco

Slim smile odds that it actually did weigh 180#. I don't doubt that it's a big woof, nonetheless.

The heaviest wolf on record weighed 79.4kg according to The International Wolf Center in Ely in the US state of Minnesota.

That was an animal shot dead in east-central Alaska in 1939, said Andrea Lorek Strauss from the centre, who added that she investigating whether there were any heavier wolves recorded outside the United States.

79.4 Kg = 174.68 lbs.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/175081/biggest-wolf-on-record-shot-dead-report

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender