Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by Karnis
Trust me, only a loony would build on a pre-64 M70 with a stainless barrel, chamber it in .280 and slap a 2.5x8 on it. I think it was purpose built and well thought out.

That was what I was thinking as well when I saw the rifle. I'm becoming one of those loonies the older I get. It first caught my eye because I've always got my eye open for another M70 to build my .338-06 on since I can't bear to tear apart that rifle that you sold me. wink

Originally Posted by pal
My pre '64 FW in .30-06 cost me $700.
[Linked Image]

Nice rifle and nice snag for $700! Too bad it has that recoil pad on it.

I knew there was no value to a collector when I saw the stainless steel barrel sitting on the action and it was in a synthetic stock. There are a lot of people out there who like the pre-64 action to build on. Who knows I may give the .280 Rem another shot if I buy the rifle or I may rebore or rebarrel it into something I want.

Poor Pal, he's always getting slapped down about the added recoil pad grin. He just couldn't find any like mine for that price I guess:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

.....and just think, he could have held out and spent the extra $100.00 for one with original aluminum butt plate whistle. wink...In all seriousness though Pal's rifle is a beauty and just about the perfect "shooter" now.....that aluminum butt plate is hard on the shoulder after a while.... blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA