Originally Posted by bearstalker
Let us know how it shoots. You got a great deal on that package.

I won't be shooting this rifle unless my hunting partner's son will let me handle it again in the future. I had been tasked a while back to keep my eye out for a hunting rifle for my buddies son (10 year old), who just got his hunters safety card and will be going on his first deer hunt this year in Oklahoma. My buddy saw the rifle and asked what I had to have for it I told him to pay me what I had in it. It was a little more than he wanted to pay so I sold it for $325 and kept the scope, he had a VX-II 3-9 to put on it anyway. Besides I was needing a good scope for my new Whelen anyway.

He is an avid reloader and started his first boy out with a downloaded .284 Win in a Ruger 77 flat bolt, and he has taken a couple of elk and several deer and pronghorn with that rifle. It is going to a good cause so I'm not sad to see it go, besides how many of you guys out here would have loved to have a first hunting rifle like this one? I imagine when I see his boy enjoying that rifle and hopefully taking his first elk with it in a few years, I know I made the right decision to pass this rifle on. I didn't need this rifle nor was I too excited about it being a .280 but I knew that I couldn't leave that rifle sitting in a pawn shop.

I was going to have to add a recoil pad and move the scope forward to get it to fit me anyway. It currently has a 13" LOP and the scopes eye relief was all wrong for me to get a full sight picture. So it should be about perfect for his son in two years when he is able to start hunting big game here in Colorado. My buddy is stopping by after church today to pick it up hopefully he will be bringing his son so I can get a picture of his boy holding the rifle.