The deer herd in NW Ontario took a couple big hits with harsh winters and high wolf numbers. Still a decent hunt but quality has gone down overall in the past 5-10 years. Deer density in the crown land areas is low and hunting pressure is quite high in areas that non-residents can hunt. Non-residents shoot a lot of young deer, which baffles me since why would you travel and spend all that money for deer meat. Most are trophy hunters but will settle for a small 2 1/2 year old to say "I got my buck". Certainly this is not all non-resident hunters and resident hunters are just as bad. I think there is still some decent deer densities in unit 10 and 13 but non-res require a guide in 10 and there is no non-res season in 13. To find spots to hunt will be difficult but not impossible. The easier to access areas will often have hunters already there or planning to go there. Crown land is first come first served but disputes between hunters on crown land leave a bad taste in my mouth. That is why I own property and hunt there. I don't like to have to deal with disrespectful hunters. I had quite the experience last season trying to put my tag on a good 160 class buck on crown land.