Originally Posted by Calvin
I'm just curious.. Have you guys actually met this guy? Seems like everybody is calling him a dumbshit, etc.. I don't live up there, so you guys might be privy to info I don't have. He seems rather accomplished in mushing.

You guys are comparing this incident with others accidents that happened by operator error.

What he is suing about is the design of the knife is such that it can close and cause personal injury while being used PROPERLY, with no fault to the user. He's going to have a tough time proving that. If he had simply cut himself, he'd have no case. But since he feels that he was using the knife properly, and the design caused him to lose his finger, he is suing.

Calvin- I've met Mitch a number of times, and he's a standup guy. He apparently did NOT use the knife in the proper position/way, and as posted by another, nor for it's intended purpose - but musta got drunked up by some personal injury lawyer. IMO. Tkhis suit, if tried by his true peers instead of pavement pounders isn't going anywhere. Maybe an out of court settlement, tho, just to lose the gadfly.

I've had folding knives close on my finger a few times- not with such serious injury and it was ALWAYS thru mis-use. Those "lock-backs" are merely "sorta-hold-backs", and anyone who has used one for more than a couple times knows this and takes it into account. Sorta like spilling hot coffee in your crotch....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.