Engaging in mental masturbation about a custom G33/40 build that will take several years to achieve as it will take me a long time to save my money to pay for it. Once upon a time money was plentiful but some bad investments, a previous divorce and now a 2 year old have killed most of my play money... cry

Anyway, I am looking at saving for a stock blank and I am inclined to Turkish walnut as what I have seen so far has been damn good looking but then I am originally from England so I could be persuaded to go English walnut. Alternatively, the action is coming from the estate of a dear and recently departed friend who was at my citizenship ceremony a few years back so American walnut would be in for a chance too!

My idea is to use his action to build the kind of rifle I always wanted and every time I used it, I would be reminded of a good friend. So, the rifle will be something special and it deserves a nice piece of wood without selling either my soul or my daughter to white slavers... !!!

Opinions from the ranks of the knowledgeable most welcomed and if you list why one might be better than the other, that would be most helpful. In addition, if you have leads on suppliers of said blanks with your experiences they would be gratefully received.

Thinking of a light rifle build in .280AI so it wouldn't be subjected to a lot of stress (compared to mag calibers) and it would have a very streamlined stock design. I would have to keep the price below $1000 and probably closer to $500 but I know good wood isn't cheap. TIA