Originally Posted by E Blair
Originally Posted by John_Gregori
I just got off the phone with an AZ outfitter that mentioned, for the slightly easier draw unit in 2013, he can get me into some B&C-class bucks IF I'm able to pull off shots over 500 yards and in one area, between 600-750 yards across a mountain.

Thoughts?

WTF?! Seriously? You can't get closer than 500-750 yds? Sounds more like prairie dog shooting rather than hunting.

Ain't nothing like someone back east telling us out west how it hould be done. whistle Last time I hunted Southern AZ I watched a Coues Deer doe and her fawn for several hours before it got too hot and they bedded down. I was hunting Desert Mule Deer so even if she'd been a buck I couldn't have taken the shot. She was maybe 450 to 500 yards out from where I was sitting and there was absolutely no way I could have pulled off a stalk had she been legal game. Still, it was fun to watch her and her fawn and they meandered about. I had better luck seeing game that day unlike my two hunting partners who were hiking all over hell and gone in that heat and used up all their water supply When we hooked back up they were badly dehydrated. It can get quite hot down here even in October and Novemeber. the Sonoran desert can be quite unforgiving.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE