I like extending my range. I have killed coues spot and stalk at 10 yards with a bow, 90 yards with a 308, 517 yards with a 308 and 70 yards with a 25-06. I have also killed Mule deer from 32 yards with a bow to over 300 with my 308. However I like knowing I can shoot my rifle 650 yards effectively incase I find a huge buck on the flats that I have no options other than pass or shoot long range or if I am hunting a long wide canyon. For example, I guided with a friend at the Kaibab once that we were hunting a certain buck. the Canyon was over 600 yards. We did everything in our power to get as close as we could, but to get within the 400 yards meant we were invading the bucks bedding area. So we decided to get as close as we could cross canyon and it turned out to be 425 if I recall. There was no other option so we set up a plan and we killed him the following morning. He was prepared. As a guide all you can hope for is ask for a client to be prepared.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1