Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by fyshbum
Travis,

Had not thought about the silencer issue. That would be a bad mama jama in .44. 300 grain Keith bullet at 800 fps would make a heck of a meatpole filler, if it will cycle them. Where legal ofcourse.

My friend and I built one. (His money, my support) it was a beautiful, beautiful thing.

240gr going 950 fed great, absolutely silent, and plenty deadly.

I believe we tried the 300's but they would not stabilize in the factory tube. His was fully suppressed, not a can, and he saved a few bucks using the factory tube. If I do one, I would go with a Douglas and faster twist.

Travis

Travis, what twist is Ruger using in that gun? I ask because I've messed around with a few different 44's including an early model Ruger carbine. It had the 1-38" twist and barely stabilized 300gr XTP's at 50 yards. Anything beyond about 50 was a crap shoot. I settled on 270gr Speer Gold Dots (flat point) for my heavy in that particular gun.

I was under the impression that more recent models had gone to the 1-20" twist rate, which seems like it would stabilize the 300's for your buddy, depending on construction/shape. Maybe it was the low velocity and resulting lack of RPM?

Anyway, these Ruger rifles seem like they'd be a ball to play with, especially with a can on 'em. Unfortunately, my home state doesn't allow suppressors for hunting. Idiots.

His was a stainless, so it could not have been too old. I'm sure if you stood on them, you'd have the RPM but everything we were trying was 900-1000ish.

Texas did not allow them for hunting of game, but pigs ain't game... grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house