Anybody watch it?

The one dude begins every sentence with "I've been doing this for forty years".

Seriously, the guy could be going to take a dump and he'd pause to let everybody know that he's been doing it for forty years.

Firewood.... "we need about ten cord", the commentator then states how the firewood gatherer will have to "cut ten trees". crazy

Really?

He also says the trees are hard to cut when they are frozen... Really?

crazy

(I guess my chainsaw doesn't know about this yet because it flat out hauls ass and the chain just loves that sub zero wood cutting)

Then they try to make me believe this kid is taking off on foot, stomping through waist deep snow for "six miles" to bring back a "cord of wood"

(Maybe six hundred yards and 3 sticks of firewood in his plastic sled)

They show the one kid riding a snowmobile, he bobbles the sled, rolls it and goes for a body slide. They show 2 kids with the hood up on a purple polaris with a hood that's been busted and patched together with strips of aluminum and pop rivets. And they say the motor is locked up......

jeezus...

So, we are to believe the engine locked up and that's what caused him to roll the sled? Then they show the kids pulling the snowmobile with the other snowmobile. They get to town with it and somewhere along the line it turns into a black ski-doo without a broken hood (previously a very beat up purple polaris).

And we're supposed to believe the dad is pizzed at the son because he was the one riding it when the engine gave up the ghost....
Snowmobile owners know that engine burn down, bearing failure etc are just part of the deal. Now broken parts due to hot dogging, jumping, running into a tree etc.. yeah that's rider error.

Anyways...

Just wanted everybody to know all the cool new things I learned by watching the discovery channel last night.

A cord of firewood is wayyyy smaller than I thought it was.

You can't cut frozen wood with a chainsaw.

If you roll a purple polaris snowmobile on rough ice it will turn into a black ski-doo with a burnt down rotax engine.

These people have annual trapping goals of $2000-$3000 to pay for the stuff they need to get through the year. (fuel, bullets mist supplies etc) We are to believe that annual income requirements are very low because these people live mostly off the land.

But I see a lot of $10,000.00 snowmobiles in certain scenes of the show...?

(Snowmobiles must be free in the Yukon)

Thanks Discovery channel for [bleep] up yet another great opportunity to accurately display the days in the lives of interesting people.

They could have just gone up there with cameras and followed people around explaining the modifications they had done to their snowmobiles to help deal with the deep snow. Let them explain their trapping methods, fishing, hunting, along with all the regular daily chores such as firewood cutting... maybe some of the local customs and traditions, celebrations, festivals etc....

But no, once again discovery traveled completely out of their element with a pre scripted story plan. They made fools of the locals by using them as puppets in their discovery channel drama fantasy.

Something clever here.