Originally Posted by ltppowell
Same with all these shows down here, Swamp People etc. It's a shame that so many people are so far removed that they don't know the difference between reality and "reality TV".

No joke. I mean, the portrayals of the coonarses in that show is so ridiculous. I saw a bit of one show where they even had them using plates and forks and having a few teeth left. I mean, really...

eek grin

The one thing I will say about the two episodes of YM, they show some dead critters--and a few alive, soon-to-be-dead ones. That wolverine in the trap scene had me rolling, though. "I'm going to have to stun him". Dude then takes out his handy dandy hatchet and whacks a sapling down to use as a club. He then approaches the beast all sneaky-like, then bats the thing on the forearm. Missed him by THAT much! wink

Also, this may be a trapping thing that I'm clueless about, but can predator carcasses not be used as bait for some reason? I guess I can see that a top tier local predator's smell may put off critters willing to come eagerly to a game animal's, but the part I thought a bit comical is when the guy that shot the woof hauls the skinned carcass to a ditch on the side of the river and chucks it in. "Nuttin' goes to waste out here!"

I'm with ET, though. It beats Extreme Animal Hoarders and My Bizarre Rituals with Balloons...