Originally Posted by Cocadori
Call me crazy but.. seeing as your going all out on the other stuff.

the heart of any rifle is the barrel.. why'd you choose kreiger?

This is only my second project. So, I'm pretty new. The tone of your question suggests you think there are better barrels out there. I selected Kreiger based on two things:1)reputation,The vast majority of people I read that talk about their Kreigers love them. 2)customer service. My original choice was Brux. I have contacted them on two separate occasions about shank length. I realize I'm still a newb about this so my questions may have been phrased incorrectly. I needed to get the shank length for the McMillan stock fitting when I ordered (Rick called and needed it) it since it was going to be fitted with an oversized recoil lug. They gave me the shank length off of their website. To clarify my question, I reiterated the measurement I needed and why. They gave me the same measurement again. It's nothing against them, but they seemed to busy to give me a correct answer, and they didnt bother to call me to clarify. Kreiger on the other hand answered all of my questions, gave me the correct measurements the first time I called. Once again, that is not a burn against Brux, the impression I got is that they were very busy.

So, which barrel would you suggest?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell