Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I know many of you are fans of Mitt's off shore holdings and of Mother Jones but is this the man any of you really want to be in charge of the country? The man is a cheat and the system provides him a easy way to do it.

Take a few mins and read....

Link http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mitt-romney-offshore-investments-cayman-islands

Offshore tax havens are better known for facilitating money laundering and tax evasion than legitimate business.

The total value of Romney's offshore investments is unknown, but his tax returns have revealed that he has at least $30 million invested in the Cayman Islands, in at least 12 different Bain Capital funds.

Tough to pay taxes and support the country that gave him his breaks when he hits his money...But it is all legal! Our system is broken when it provides for this type of shady system!

"The Cayman Islands jurisdiction for the Bain funds primarily makes it easy for their investors to cheat on their taxes," says Rebecca Wilkins, the senior counsel for federal tax policy at the nonprofit Citizens for Tax Justice. "Because of that they can attract more investors and they can earn bigger management fees. "

Because of the secrecy laws in the Caymans and other offshore tax havens, Bain investors are hidden from tax authorities like the IRS. Unless they choose to report their holdings and income, as Romney has, there is no way for tax officials in the US or other countries to know that such holdings exist, much less find a way to tax them.

Perfect!

I read the article....it's a ridiculous article designed to enhance class warfare and create an issue that does not exist.Not surprised NWA falls for it hook, line and sinker.

As a US citizen, Romney should be free to stash his money anywhere in the world he wants and if that is beyond the grasp of leeching politicians and self-entitled parasites like NWA and the bogus author spouting platitudes about "inequality",he should be free to do it....after all,it is "his" money;not the governments.

If the US government were run responsibly,had an intelligent tax code and did not pursue confiscatory tax policies of redistribution and to support an ever expanding,bloated Federal Government,Romney might leave it here. Unfortunately it does none of these things,spends like a drunken sailor,and expects people like Romney to hang their fortunes out where the govenment parasites can grab what they want.They (and people like the OP)behave like the money is theirs!LOL!

No small wonder people move money off-shore. I'm not surprised and don't blame them.

I'm even more surprised I took the time to respond to this OP and his stupid thread... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.