Guess I'm appoarching a state of boredom with my current caliber fleet and am looking for something new to tinker with. I have a Remington 700 Classic 25-06 I bought new in 1990 and was thinking of converting it to a 240 Weatherby. (Please don't tell me Weatherbys are expensive to shoot and or do a 6mm/243 instead).

Seems all the rage lately is to fast twist a 6mm and push the 105-107 high bc bullets. Since the 240 is capable of pushing the 100's to 3400-3500 fps, I was thinking this just might be the ultimate Texas whitetail round. A 105 AMax or 107 VLD with a .500 bc driven at 3400 fps puts lots of bigger cartridges to shame at long distance.

For the build, I was thinking of a 26 in Brux #3 contour with a 1-8 twist. Do you think this would be adequate for the longer bullets and the higher velocites of the 240 Weatherby? Since I prefer wood, I'm going to utilize the factory wood stock as it's one of the prettier Classic stocks I've seen.

What do you guy's think? Is this worth doing or should I keep the Classic as it came from the factory?

btw...I already have a 257 Weatherby, so I'll keep the 257 niche filled if I move forward with the 240.