Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Guess I'm appoarching a state of boredom with my current caliber fleet and am looking for something new to tinker with. I have a Remington 700 Classic 25-06 I bought new in 1990 and was thinking of converting it to a 240 Weatherby. (Please don't tell me Weatherbys are expensive to shoot and or do a 6mm/243 instead).

Seems all the rage lately is to fast twist a 6mm and push the 105-107 high bc bullets. Since the 240 is capable of pushing the 100's to 3400-3500 fps, I was thinking this just might be the ultimate Texas whitetail round. A 105 AMax or 107 VLD with a .500 bc driven at 3400 fps puts lots of bigger cartridges to shame at long distance.

If I had a 25-06 for over 20 years and couldn't think of a compelling reason to keep it, I'd surely peddle it off...

as to what all the rage may be, i give less than a rats sorry ass...
but given your assumed campfire name, i'm thinking that the .240 is a bases loaded walk, if you are looking for a different rig to carry for a while...

perhaps consult with any sons?, before letting go of a rifle that you've carried and hunted with for so long...

"Chances Will Be Taken"